Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Roger Clemens Steroid Trial



Photo source: Manuel Balce Ceneta, Associated Press (Feb. 12, 2008).

How much longer will the issue of MLB players abusing steroids go on? First Barry Bonds, now Roger Clemens. He is the latest athlete to testify before Congress that he never used any performance-enhancing drugs, including Human Growth Hormones. People close to Clemens, including his wife Debbie, former personal trainer Brian McNamee, and fellow pitcher and friend Andy Pettitte, are individually telling their own sides of the story.
Throughout much of this day, I've heard and read some news articles that Clemens repeatedly said the same answers to Congress' ongoing statements and questioning during the trial. Will there ever be an end to the scandals that are plaguing America's pasttime? Who will be plead guilty as this and future trials are brought up? And will fans still idolize their heroes after these hearings? As baseball fans we have yet to see how this will turn out.

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Hi Grant
So I've noticed your blog is not on anything specific, just what you feel like writihg about. I thought about my blog for a week but I think your blog works just fine and provides of variety of info.
After playing with all the different page elements on my blog I found that there are many page elements available on blogger to enhance the user experience.
It's tedious but in the end your page will look a lot more professional.

James said...

I firmly believed this will be the end of Clemens' career. I don't think he can ever pitch again not only because of his age but also the controversy of Steroid.

Did you hear about the meeting between Roger Goodell and Arlen Specter regarding Spygate Scandal in Footbal? Football

Amanda Mac said...

I think it is silly that you don't have a title for your blog. I do however enjoy the idea of using a blog as a journal. I have to wonder what your next blog will be on!

Maybe you could go here for some inspiration

Can Ya Dig it

Caleb said...

So you have the potential for a variety of topics on your blog. It seems a central theme or at least a reoccurring vibe is key to get people coming back. You have great topics by themselves, but when put on top of each other they seem a bit random.

I too agree Clemens is done, but he should have been years ago.

And I would also have to say my favorite Disney character of all time would be Peter Pan. What kid wouldn't want to fly and fight drunk pirates.
You might like this Grant.